Man sentenced to 7 years for raping minor girl in Orissa
Rourkela: A man was sentenced to 7 years rigorous imprisonment today by a local court here for raping a seven year old girl last year in Orissa`s Sundargarh district.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate K C Swain while sentencing 25-year-old Rajesh Pandit for the rape at Kumar Basti in Bandamunda area in Sundargarh district on November 25 last year also fined him Rs 2000 or in lieu six months additional imprisonment.
According to the prosecution, Pandit had raped the girl finding her alone at home.
The court examined 12 witnesses and considered circumstantial evidences during the 8-month trial.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"