Man sentenced to 7 years for raping minor girl in Orissa
Rourkela: A man was sentenced to 7 years rigorous imprisonment today by a local court here for raping a seven year old girl last year in Orissa`s Sundargarh district.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate K C Swain while sentencing 25-year-old Rajesh Pandit for the rape at Kumar Basti in Bandamunda area in Sundargarh district on November 25 last year also fined him Rs 2000 or in lieu six months additional imprisonment.
According to the prosecution, Pandit had raped the girl finding her alone at home.
The court examined 12 witnesses and considered circumstantial evidences during the 8-month trial.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?