Man sentenced to 7 years for raping minor girl in Orissa
Rourkela: A man was sentenced to 7 years rigorous imprisonment today by a local court here for raping a seven year old girl last year in Orissa`s Sundargarh district.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate K C Swain while sentencing 25-year-old Rajesh Pandit for the rape at Kumar Basti in Bandamunda area in Sundargarh district on November 25 last year also fined him Rs 2000 or in lieu six months additional imprisonment.
According to the prosecution, Pandit had raped the girl finding her alone at home.
The court examined 12 witnesses and considered circumstantial evidences during the 8-month trial.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read