Man sentenced to life imprisonment for raping minor girl
Bhubaneswar: A court in Cuttack district on Friday sentenced a man to life imprisonment for raping a minor girl, while another court in Sambalpur district convicted a separate person on charge of rape and murder of a three-year-old girl.
The additional district judge (Fast Track) Sushil Kumar Ray sentenced Minja Naik of Tigiria area to life imprisonment and penalty of Rs 2,000 for raping a minor girl.
He was convicted under section 327 (F) (raping minor girl) of IPC.
According to prosecution, Naik lured a five-year-old girl of neighbourhood on evening of February 15, 2012 and raped her at a deserted house. The girl was found in unconscious state by villagers. Naik was arrested 15 days after the incident.
Similarly, while disposing another such case additional district judge (fast track), Sambalpur, Ashok Kumar Panda convicted one Thibu Munda of raping a minor girl. The girl was lured by offering food by Munda. She was raped and killed. Her body was found in a jungle.
Munda was convicted under section 366 (kidnapping), 376 (F) (rape), 302 (murder) and 201 (A) (tampering evidence).
"Punishment for the offender will be pronounced on January 15," Panda said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Bitter boxer Manoj Kumar appeals for PM's intervention to clear Indian boxing mess
- Finance Ministry recommends CBI probe into 80 kg of missing gold from IGI Airport
- Hotel rooms are so mainstream! Rent a vacation home this time
- Sporting Lisbon's Joao Mario completes record EUR 45-million move to Inter Milan
- Top seven cos take cumulative hit of Rs 29,907 cr in m-cap