Man sentenced to life imprisonment for raping minor girl
Bhubaneswar: A court in Cuttack district on Friday sentenced a man to life imprisonment for raping a minor girl, while another court in Sambalpur district convicted a separate person on charge of rape and murder of a three-year-old girl.
The additional district judge (Fast Track) Sushil Kumar Ray sentenced Minja Naik of Tigiria area to life imprisonment and penalty of Rs 2,000 for raping a minor girl.
He was convicted under section 327 (F) (raping minor girl) of IPC.
According to prosecution, Naik lured a five-year-old girl of neighbourhood on evening of February 15, 2012 and raped her at a deserted house. The girl was found in unconscious state by villagers. Naik was arrested 15 days after the incident.
Similarly, while disposing another such case additional district judge (fast track), Sambalpur, Ashok Kumar Panda convicted one Thibu Munda of raping a minor girl. The girl was lured by offering food by Munda. She was raped and killed. Her body was found in a jungle.
Munda was convicted under section 366 (kidnapping), 376 (F) (rape), 302 (murder) and 201 (A) (tampering evidence).
"Punishment for the offender will be pronounced on January 15," Panda said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!