Man sentenced to life imprisonment for raping minor girl
Bhubaneswar: A court in Cuttack district on Friday sentenced a man to life imprisonment for raping a minor girl, while another court in Sambalpur district convicted a separate person on charge of rape and murder of a three-year-old girl.
The additional district judge (Fast Track) Sushil Kumar Ray sentenced Minja Naik of Tigiria area to life imprisonment and penalty of Rs 2,000 for raping a minor girl.
He was convicted under section 327 (F) (raping minor girl) of IPC.
According to prosecution, Naik lured a five-year-old girl of neighbourhood on evening of February 15, 2012 and raped her at a deserted house. The girl was found in unconscious state by villagers. Naik was arrested 15 days after the incident.
Similarly, while disposing another such case additional district judge (fast track), Sambalpur, Ashok Kumar Panda convicted one Thibu Munda of raping a minor girl. The girl was lured by offering food by Munda. She was raped and killed. Her body was found in a jungle.
Munda was convicted under section 366 (kidnapping), 376 (F) (rape), 302 (murder) and 201 (A) (tampering evidence).
"Punishment for the offender will be pronounced on January 15," Panda said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation