Manipuri militant held in Odisha port town
Bhubaneswar: A member of Manipur extremist group People`s Liberation Army (PLA) has been arrested in an Odisha town, police said Tuesday.
SS Angou, aged about 40 years, was picked up Monday evening by a National Investigation Agency (NIA) team from the port town of Gopalpur, in Ganjam district, about 170 km from here.
"He had come to meet his wife," Shefeen Ahmed Khan, the district superintendent of police told reporters. Angou was reportedly looking after the external affairs wing of the PLA, he said.
Khan said police did not find any evidence of his link with Maoists in the state. "It appears that he had only come to meet his wife", he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Toni Kroos rocket rescues Real Madrid in Cristiano Ronaldo's absence; Atletico Madrid held again
- Suspected Kurdish militants fire rockets at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport: Media
- Gun battle kills five militants, wounds 10 in Afghanistan
- Government to set up Rs 1.5k crore payment security fund for solar projects
- Rising dengue cases: PIL accuses govt of not being vigilant