Manipuri militant held in Odisha port town
Bhubaneswar: A member of Manipur extremist group People`s Liberation Army (PLA) has been arrested in an Odisha town, police said Tuesday.
SS Angou, aged about 40 years, was picked up Monday evening by a National Investigation Agency (NIA) team from the port town of Gopalpur, in Ganjam district, about 170 km from here.
"He had come to meet his wife," Shefeen Ahmed Khan, the district superintendent of police told reporters. Angou was reportedly looking after the external affairs wing of the PLA, he said.
Khan said police did not find any evidence of his link with Maoists in the state. "It appears that he had only come to meet his wife", he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!