Manipuri militant held in Odisha port town
Bhubaneswar: A member of Manipur extremist group People`s Liberation Army (PLA) has been arrested in an Odisha town, police said Tuesday.
SS Angou, aged about 40 years, was picked up Monday evening by a National Investigation Agency (NIA) team from the port town of Gopalpur, in Ganjam district, about 170 km from here.
"He had come to meet his wife," Shefeen Ahmed Khan, the district superintendent of police told reporters. Angou was reportedly looking after the external affairs wing of the PLA, he said.
Khan said police did not find any evidence of his link with Maoists in the state. "It appears that he had only come to meet his wife", he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter