Manipuri militant held in Odisha port town
Bhubaneswar: A member of Manipur extremist group People`s Liberation Army (PLA) has been arrested in an Odisha town, police said Tuesday.
SS Angou, aged about 40 years, was picked up Monday evening by a National Investigation Agency (NIA) team from the port town of Gopalpur, in Ganjam district, about 170 km from here.
"He had come to meet his wife," Shefeen Ahmed Khan, the district superintendent of police told reporters. Angou was reportedly looking after the external affairs wing of the PLA, he said.
Khan said police did not find any evidence of his link with Maoists in the state. "It appears that he had only come to meet his wife", he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh