Maoist bandh evokes little response in Orissa
Bhubaneswar: The 72-hour bandh called by
Maoists commencing on Sunday in protest against proposed
`Operation Green Hunt` evoked little response in Orissa.
There was no impact of the bandh in any of the naxal
infested districts including Malkangiri, Koraput, Rayagada,
Gajapati and Ganjam, police said.
Though operation of government buses was suspended in the
district including inter-state services, private buses played
in long and short distance routes in these places as usual.
Sans stray incidents in two places in Malkangiri district
- Motu and Kalimela -, where red rebels blocked the roads by
felling trees in protest against arrest of two Maoists
yesterday, the first day of the shutdown went off peacefully,
Meanwhile, security personnel are keeping a strict
vigil over the situation and manning strategic places to ward
off any threat on them, sources said.
Maoists have called the bandh in Orissa, Bihar,
Jharkhand, West Bengal and Chhattisgarh to protest the
proposed `Operation Green Hunt` to be launched by Centre
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi