Maoist camp destroyed; weapons, explosives seized
Malkangiri (Odisha): A Maoist camp was
destroyed and several weapons and explosive devices were
seized during a joint combing operation by security forces in
a jungle in Odisha`s Malkangiri district in Sunday.
Acting on a tip-off, the elite anti-naxal Special
Operations Group (SOG) force of Odisha and police launched
combing operation and spotted the camp in Tekguda forest under
Kalimela area, about 50 km from here, Inspector-in-Charge of
Kalimela police station, Anirudh Routray said.
Though the red rebels fled from the scene on getting
information about combing operation, police seized three
electronic detonators, more than 200 metres of wire used for
landmine, two country-made rifles and many live cartridges
from the spot, he said.
A camera flash and some Maoists posters and
leaflets were also seized.
During last week huge quantities of explosives
and other articles were seized by police during raids in
several areas of Maoist-infested Malkangiri district, Routray
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video