Maoist camp destroyed; weapons, explosives seized
Malkangiri (Odisha): A Maoist camp was
destroyed and several weapons and explosive devices were
seized during a joint combing operation by security forces in
a jungle in Odisha`s Malkangiri district in Sunday.
Acting on a tip-off, the elite anti-naxal Special
Operations Group (SOG) force of Odisha and police launched
combing operation and spotted the camp in Tekguda forest under
Kalimela area, about 50 km from here, Inspector-in-Charge of
Kalimela police station, Anirudh Routray said.
Though the red rebels fled from the scene on getting
information about combing operation, police seized three
electronic detonators, more than 200 metres of wire used for
landmine, two country-made rifles and many live cartridges
from the spot, he said.
A camera flash and some Maoists posters and
leaflets were also seized.
During last week huge quantities of explosives
and other articles were seized by police during raids in
several areas of Maoist-infested Malkangiri district, Routray
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- VVIP chopper scam: No deal inked with AgustaWestland, says Govt
- When Pranab rubbed nose with Maori chief
- Indian Premier League, Match 26: Delhi Daredevils vs Kolkata Knight Riders - As it happened...
- Investigative agencies have ability to find money trail: Jayant Sinha
- Theory that UPA blacklisted AgustaWestland 'figment of somebody's imagination', says Arun Jaitley