Maoist camp destroyed; weapons, explosives seized
Malkangiri (Odisha): A Maoist camp was
destroyed and several weapons and explosive devices were
seized during a joint combing operation by security forces in
a jungle in Odisha`s Malkangiri district in Sunday.
Acting on a tip-off, the elite anti-naxal Special
Operations Group (SOG) force of Odisha and police launched
combing operation and spotted the camp in Tekguda forest under
Kalimela area, about 50 km from here, Inspector-in-Charge of
Kalimela police station, Anirudh Routray said.
Though the red rebels fled from the scene on getting
information about combing operation, police seized three
electronic detonators, more than 200 metres of wire used for
landmine, two country-made rifles and many live cartridges
from the spot, he said.
A camera flash and some Maoists posters and
leaflets were also seized.
During last week huge quantities of explosives
and other articles were seized by police during raids in
several areas of Maoist-infested Malkangiri district, Routray
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!