Maoist camp destroyed; weapons, explosives seized
Malkangiri (Odisha): A Maoist camp was
destroyed and several weapons and explosive devices were
seized during a joint combing operation by security forces in
a jungle in Odisha`s Malkangiri district in Sunday.
Acting on a tip-off, the elite anti-naxal Special
Operations Group (SOG) force of Odisha and police launched
combing operation and spotted the camp in Tekguda forest under
Kalimela area, about 50 km from here, Inspector-in-Charge of
Kalimela police station, Anirudh Routray said.
Though the red rebels fled from the scene on getting
information about combing operation, police seized three
electronic detonators, more than 200 metres of wire used for
landmine, two country-made rifles and many live cartridges
from the spot, he said.
A camera flash and some Maoists posters and
leaflets were also seized.
During last week huge quantities of explosives
and other articles were seized by police during raids in
several areas of Maoist-infested Malkangiri district, Routray
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report