Maoist camp razed, weapons seized
Bhubaneswar: A Maoist camp was on Sunday demolished and weapons seized by security men in Odisha`s
Malkangiri district, even as the extremists set ablaze 15
vehicles of a private builder in Nuapada in a separate
Acting on a tip-off, BSF jawans and police personnel
raided a rebel camp in Similipadar forest of Badapada in
Chitrakonda area of Malkangiri, Inspector In-Charge of
Chitrakonda police station, Debasis Mishra said.
The ultras present in the camp disappeared into dense
forests. However, three guns, some explosives and fuse wires
used in land mines were recovered from the spot, Misra said.
Volumes of Maoist literature and medicines were also
seized, he said.
The camp was destroyed and combing operation stepped
up in the area, he said.
In another incident in Nuapada district, about 40 heavily
armed Maoists attacked a stone crusher unit of a private
builder and threatened the workers before setting afire 15
vehicles and a machine, police said.
The vehicles torched by the ultras included eight
dumpers, five tractors, a trawler and a van, sub-divisional
police officer S B Satpathy said.
The rebels put up posters at the site voicing protest
against `low wages being paid to the workers`, Satpathy said,
adding, the posters also warned against supply of water from
Tikhali irrigation project to industrial units.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof