Maoist camp razed, weapons seized
Bhubaneswar: A Maoist camp was on Sunday demolished and weapons seized by security men in Odisha`s
Malkangiri district, even as the extremists set ablaze 15
vehicles of a private builder in Nuapada in a separate
Acting on a tip-off, BSF jawans and police personnel
raided a rebel camp in Similipadar forest of Badapada in
Chitrakonda area of Malkangiri, Inspector In-Charge of
Chitrakonda police station, Debasis Mishra said.
The ultras present in the camp disappeared into dense
forests. However, three guns, some explosives and fuse wires
used in land mines were recovered from the spot, Misra said.
Volumes of Maoist literature and medicines were also
seized, he said.
The camp was destroyed and combing operation stepped
up in the area, he said.
In another incident in Nuapada district, about 40 heavily
armed Maoists attacked a stone crusher unit of a private
builder and threatened the workers before setting afire 15
vehicles and a machine, police said.
The vehicles torched by the ultras included eight
dumpers, five tractors, a trawler and a van, sub-divisional
police officer S B Satpathy said.
The rebels put up posters at the site voicing protest
against `low wages being paid to the workers`, Satpathy said,
adding, the posters also warned against supply of water from
Tikhali irrigation project to industrial units.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city