Maoist explosive expert held, gun and landmines seized
Rayagada (Orissa): A hardcore Maoist was
arrested in Orissa`s Rayagada district and five landmines and
an equal number of guns besides a large quantity of explosives
were recovered from his possession.
Purna alias Ramesh Mambalika, an explosive expert and a
master in making landmines, was nabbed from his native village
at Tubuni in the Gudari police stattion area Tuesday night on a
tip-off, Rayagada SP Anup Kumar said.
Ammunition, including gelatines and 15 kilograms of
splinters used in the making of landmines, were seized, the SP
"Ramesh was coordinating ultra movement in Rayagada
district and as many as six criminal cases were pending
against him at different police stations," the SP said.
Besides being involved in the killing of two persons at
Dhepaguda area, Ramesh also confessed to have been directly
involved in the Nayagarh armoury attack in 2007, the police
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III