Maoist father-son duo held in Odisha
Malkangiri: Two Maoists, a man and his son, allegedly involved in several incidents of violence including murder, were arrested from Silakota forests in Malkangiri district, police said here on Saturday.
Kasa Madhi and his son Dulla Madhi were caught during a joint combing operation by Special Operation Group (SOG) and District Voluntary Force (DVF) personnel yesterday, Superintendent of Police, Akhileswar Singh said.
The ultras belonged to the `Padia dalam` of the Maoists and were active members of the militia for the last four years, he said.
During interrogation the duo had confessed to their involvement in the killing of Pandu Madkami, village head of Parsonpalli on October 27 last, he said.
The arrests assumed significance as a three-member team of National Investigation Agency (NIA) undertook a visit here two days ago to record the statement of two Maoists arrested in the district for their alleged involvement in the May 25 Chhattisgarh Naxal ambush in which several Congress leaders were killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on political reasons responsible for 50 days of Kashmir unrest
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Shahid Afridi virtually ruled out of lone T20 against England
- iBerry Auxus 4X with 4GB RAM launched in India at Rs 15,990
- OMG! UP politician calls traffic cop 'gunda' for doing his duty – WATCH Viral Video
- Two dead, seven injured in stampede after fire in Murshidabad hospital
- RSS to start awareness campaign against changing name of WB