Maoist father-son duo held in Odisha
Malkangiri (Odisha): Two Maoists, a man and his son, allegedly involved in several incidents of violence including murder, were arrested from Silakota forests in Malkangiri district, police said here on Saturday.
Kasa Madhi and his son Dulla Madhi were caught during a joint combing operation by Special Operation Group (SOG) and District Voluntary Force (DVF) personnel yesterday, Superintendent of Police, Akhileswar Singh said.
The ultras belonged to the `Padia dalam` of the Maoists and were active members of the militia for the last four years, he said.
During interrogation the duo had confessed to their involvement in the killing of Pandu Madkami, village head of Parsonpalli on October 27 last, he said.
The arrests assumed significance as a three-member team of National Investigation Agency (NIA) undertook a visit here two days ago to record the statement of two Maoists arrested in the district for their alleged involvement in the May 25 Chhattisgarh Naxal ambush in which several Congress leaders were killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves