Maoist hideout busted, explosives seized in Odisha
Koraput: A Maoist hideout was busted and a huge cache of explosives recovered by BSF personnel on Sunday from Kamipadar forest in Odisha`s Koraput district during an anti-Maoist operation.
"There has been no injury or casualty. The Maosits had dumped the explosives to retrieve it at some future date for use," SDPO Laxmipur Y Jagannath Rao said.
The recovered items include four landmines weighing 25 kg each, at least two county-made guns, one spare barrel, 25 metres of flexible wire, one plastic container, chemicals used for making landmines and one radio flash.
"The landmines were very powerful and it was not safe to bring the explosives to the headquarters. All four landmines were blasted at the site," the SDPO said.
In the past few weeks, the security personnel have raided scores of Maoist hideouts and recovered huge cache of dumped explosives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened