Maoist hideout busted, explosives seized in Odisha
Koraput: A Maoist hideout was busted and a huge cache of explosives recovered by BSF personnel on Sunday from Kamipadar forest in Odisha`s Koraput district during an anti-Maoist operation.
"There has been no injury or casualty. The Maosits had dumped the explosives to retrieve it at some future date for use," SDPO Laxmipur Y Jagannath Rao said.
The recovered items include four landmines weighing 25 kg each, at least two county-made guns, one spare barrel, 25 metres of flexible wire, one plastic container, chemicals used for making landmines and one radio flash.
"The landmines were very powerful and it was not safe to bring the explosives to the headquarters. All four landmines were blasted at the site," the SDPO said.
In the past few weeks, the security personnel have raided scores of Maoist hideouts and recovered huge cache of dumped explosives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will commence at this breathtaking location – See pic
- WATCH: How Sri Lanka's mystery spinner Lakshan Sandakan left Australia spellbound
- Antibodies that protect against Zika virus in mice identified, claim scientists
- Rio Olympics 2016: India to start with a bang
- Congress puts gag order on partymen, asks them not to make comments inconsistent with party stand