Maoist hideout busted, explosives seized in Odisha
Koraput: A Maoist hideout was busted and a huge cache of explosives recovered by BSF personnel on Sunday from Kamipadar forest in Odisha`s Koraput district during an anti-Maoist operation.
"There has been no injury or casualty. The Maosits had dumped the explosives to retrieve it at some future date for use," SDPO Laxmipur Y Jagannath Rao said.
The recovered items include four landmines weighing 25 kg each, at least two county-made guns, one spare barrel, 25 metres of flexible wire, one plastic container, chemicals used for making landmines and one radio flash.
"The landmines were very powerful and it was not safe to bring the explosives to the headquarters. All four landmines were blasted at the site," the SDPO said.
In the past few weeks, the security personnel have raided scores of Maoist hideouts and recovered huge cache of dumped explosives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss
- Rajnath Singh in Kashmir, says those who believe in 'Kashmiriyat' are welcome for talks