Maoist kill contractor in Odisha
Koraput: Maoists struck again and killed a contractor suspecting him to be a police informer in Odisha`s Koraput district on Friday.
Police said the body of the contractor, identified as Jami Prasad of Narayanpatna, was spotted with his throat slit and lying in a pool of blood near Jetal by villagers in the early hours of the day.
The man was suspected to have been killed late last night while returning from his work site, sub-divisional police officer, Laxmipur, Y J Rao said.
An assistant sub-inspector of police was kidnapped by Maoists and shot dead in cold blood in a forested area in Odisha`s Nuapada district bordering Chhatisgarh on May 8.
The killing came close on the heels of kidnap of two Italians in Kandhamal district and BJD MLA Jhina Hikaka in Koraput district by two different Maoist groups. All three were subsequently released unharmed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him