Maoist kill contractor in Odisha
Koraput: Maoists struck again and killed a contractor suspecting him to be a police informer in Odisha`s Koraput district on Friday.
Police said the body of the contractor, identified as Jami Prasad of Narayanpatna, was spotted with his throat slit and lying in a pool of blood near Jetal by villagers in the early hours of the day.
The man was suspected to have been killed late last night while returning from his work site, sub-divisional police officer, Laxmipur, Y J Rao said.
An assistant sub-inspector of police was kidnapped by Maoists and shot dead in cold blood in a forested area in Odisha`s Nuapada district bordering Chhatisgarh on May 8.
The killing came close on the heels of kidnap of two Italians in Kandhamal district and BJD MLA Jhina Hikaka in Koraput district by two different Maoist groups. All three were subsequently released unharmed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000