Maoist kill contractor in Odisha
Koraput: Maoists struck again and killed a contractor suspecting him to be a police informer in Odisha`s Koraput district on Friday.
Police said the body of the contractor, identified as Jami Prasad of Narayanpatna, was spotted with his throat slit and lying in a pool of blood near Jetal by villagers in the early hours of the day.
The man was suspected to have been killed late last night while returning from his work site, sub-divisional police officer, Laxmipur, Y J Rao said.
An assistant sub-inspector of police was kidnapped by Maoists and shot dead in cold blood in a forested area in Odisha`s Nuapada district bordering Chhatisgarh on May 8.
The killing came close on the heels of kidnap of two Italians in Kandhamal district and BJD MLA Jhina Hikaka in Koraput district by two different Maoist groups. All three were subsequently released unharmed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family