Maoist kill villager, one injured in Koraput
Koraput (Odisha): Maoists killed one contractor and injured another person after branding them as police informers in Odisha`s Koraput district.
The incident took place at Balipeta village last night. A group of ultras forcibly took Sarat Subudhi, the contractor from his house. They also lifted Upendra Pandu, a villager, from his house last night.
"The suspected maoists slit their throat. While Subudhi died due to excess bleeding, Pandu was struggling for survival," Koraput SP Abinash Kumar said.
The miscreants also left a letter at the spot and claimed that they punished the contractor and Pandu for working as police informer.
Kumar, however, said that the duo were not the police informers as claimed by maoists in the letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about