Maoist kill villager, one injured in Koraput
Koraput (Odisha): Maoists killed one contractor and injured another person after branding them as police informers in Odisha`s Koraput district.
The incident took place at Balipeta village last night. A group of ultras forcibly took Sarat Subudhi, the contractor from his house. They also lifted Upendra Pandu, a villager, from his house last night.
"The suspected maoists slit their throat. While Subudhi died due to excess bleeding, Pandu was struggling for survival," Koraput SP Abinash Kumar said.
The miscreants also left a letter at the spot and claimed that they punished the contractor and Pandu for working as police informer.
Kumar, however, said that the duo were not the police informers as claimed by maoists in the letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Security alert! Islamic State militants release 'kill list', target 4000 people including 285 Indians
- Nephew Krushna Abhishek apologises to Govinda! – Know why
- 'Tulsidas ji pranam' — Read Bihar's topper Ruby Rai's 'shocking' essay on famous poet
- Why red snow of Arctic is a 'red alert' for the environment?
- Manohar Parrikar says Pampore attack an act of frustration; orders probe