Maoist kill villager, one injured in Koraput
Koraput (Odisha): Maoists killed one contractor and injured another person after branding them as police informers in Odisha`s Koraput district.
The incident took place at Balipeta village last night. A group of ultras forcibly took Sarat Subudhi, the contractor from his house. They also lifted Upendra Pandu, a villager, from his house last night.
"The suspected maoists slit their throat. While Subudhi died due to excess bleeding, Pandu was struggling for survival," Koraput SP Abinash Kumar said.
The miscreants also left a letter at the spot and claimed that they punished the contractor and Pandu for working as police informer.
Kumar, however, said that the duo were not the police informers as claimed by maoists in the letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred