Maoist kill villager, one injured in Koraput
Koraput (Odisha): Maoists killed one contractor and injured another person after branding them as police informers in Odisha`s Koraput district.
The incident took place at Balipeta village last night. A group of ultras forcibly took Sarat Subudhi, the contractor from his house. They also lifted Upendra Pandu, a villager, from his house last night.
"The suspected maoists slit their throat. While Subudhi died due to excess bleeding, Pandu was struggling for survival," Koraput SP Abinash Kumar said.
The miscreants also left a letter at the spot and claimed that they punished the contractor and Pandu for working as police informer.
Kumar, however, said that the duo were not the police informers as claimed by maoists in the letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case