Maoist kill villager, one injured in Koraput
Koraput (Odisha): Maoists killed one contractor and injured another person after branding them as police informers in Odisha`s Koraput district.
The incident took place at Balipeta village last night. A group of ultras forcibly took Sarat Subudhi, the contractor from his house. They also lifted Upendra Pandu, a villager, from his house last night.
"The suspected maoists slit their throat. While Subudhi died due to excess bleeding, Pandu was struggling for survival," Koraput SP Abinash Kumar said.
The miscreants also left a letter at the spot and claimed that they punished the contractor and Pandu for working as police informer.
Kumar, however, said that the duo were not the police informers as claimed by maoists in the letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing