Maoist killed in Odisha gun battle
Bhubaneswar: A Maoist carrying a reward of Rs 1 lakh on his head was killed in a fierce gun battle with police in Odisha`s Koraput district, an official said Monday.
Puno Uluka alias Khatru died in exchange of fire at Narayanpatna late Sunday, Inspector General of Police (South Western Range) Yaswant Jethwa told IANS.
Uluka, an active member of the outlawed Communist Party of India-Maoist, was suspected to have played a key role in a number of murders and other violent crimes in both Narayanpatna and Bandhugaon area, he said.
Maoists are active in more than half of the state`s 30 districts. The district of Koraput, over 500 km from state capital Bhubaneswar, is considered one of their strongholds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!