Maoist leader rejects Odisha Police`s offer, rules out surrender
Bhubaneswar: Rejecting an offer made by Odisha Police, top Maoist leader Sabyasachi Panda on Saturday said he has no plan to surrender as being speculated.
Panda, who is secretary of Odisha State Organising Committee of CPI (Maoist), said this through an audio tape released to the media.
Panda`s clarification came barely a week after his wife Subhashree Das alias Mili Panda asked him to clear his stand on possible surrender before Odisha Police.
Subhashree earlier had told media that her husband, against whom about 100 criminal cases including killing of VHP leader Laxamananda Saraswati were pending, would surrender only if the government withdrew charges. The wife had also said that the Maoist party had failed to win confidence of masses in the state.
The speculation on Panda`s possible surrender gained ground as new the DGP Prakash Mishra had said that he would be happy if Panda surrenders.
Besides, Mishra had also called upon all the Odia cadre of the CPI(Maoist) to return to the mainstream as they were not treated properly by the cadre members from other states like Andhra Pradesh and Chhattishgarh.
Panda, himself, in earlier television interviews had also admitted about the differences in CPI (Maoist).
Interestingly, in this audio message Panda introduces himself as the secretary of Odisha Maovadi Party and not as a leader of the Odisha state organising committee of the CPI-Maoist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early