Maoist leader surrenders in Odisha
Malkangiri: A top Maoist leader
surrendered before the police in Odisha`s Malkangiri district Wednesday.
Sanyasi Pujari (35), area commander of Paplur Maoist
Dalam, surrendered after spending 11 years in Maoist
activities, Malkangiri Superintendent of Police Anirudh Singh
Soon after surrendering before the SP, Pujari told
reporters that he decided to quit Maoist activities due to ill-treatment and discrimination by the ultra leaders, particularly those belonging to other states like Andhra Pradesh.
Moreover, the red rebels have deviated from Maoist
ideology and were indulging in indiscriminate violence, he
"I was thoroughly disillusioned. Therefore, I decided
to return to the social mainstream," Pujari said.
The SP said the Maoist would be provided with benefits in
accordance with the government policy laid down for Maoists
surrendering and laying down arms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof