Maoist leader surrenders in Odisha
Malkangiri: A top Maoist leader
surrendered before the police in Odisha`s Malkangiri district Wednesday.
Sanyasi Pujari (35), area commander of Paplur Maoist
Dalam, surrendered after spending 11 years in Maoist
activities, Malkangiri Superintendent of Police Anirudh Singh
Soon after surrendering before the SP, Pujari told
reporters that he decided to quit Maoist activities due to ill-treatment and discrimination by the ultra leaders, particularly those belonging to other states like Andhra Pradesh.
Moreover, the red rebels have deviated from Maoist
ideology and were indulging in indiscriminate violence, he
"I was thoroughly disillusioned. Therefore, I decided
to return to the social mainstream," Pujari said.
The SP said the Maoist would be provided with benefits in
accordance with the government policy laid down for Maoists
surrendering and laying down arms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Attention Malaika! Hubby Arbaaz Khan is all set to romance Sunny Leone on reel
- Fallujah offensive against Iraq: Five things you need to know about
- Prime Minister wishes Goans on statehood day
- IPL 2016: Hilarious! When Umar Akmal congratulated David Warner-led SRH for winning Pakistan Super League
- London diaries: Saif Ali Khan, wifey Kareena Kapoor shopping at a departmental store – View pic