Maoist posters seized from Sundargarh villages
Rourkela: Maoist posters have been
seized from several villages under K Balang and Koida police
limits of Sundargarh district in Orissa bordering Jharkhand
The posters were found hanging on road-side trees of
National Highway 215 and in Jamdih, Ranjeda, Toda villages
on Tuesday, police said.
Written in Hindi language, the posters carrying
anti-government slogans alleged police action against tribal
villagers in Chhattisgarh and Orissa, police added.
The Red rebels of Chhotnagapur zonal committee had
strongly opposed anti-Maoist operation in Chhattisgarh.
Meanwhile, two businessmen of Lahunipada and Koida in
Sundargarh district have received letters and threats over
telephone by suspected Maoists to pay a levy.
A businessman of Lahunipada has received a letter asking
him to pay Rs 2 lakh while a crusher unit owner of Koida
has received a call asking him to pay Rs 5 lakh as
Both the businessmen were warned of severe action if they
informed the police.
The police was investigating the authenticity of the
Meanwhile, elaborate police arrangements have been made
in bordering areas of Maoist-prone police limits in Bonai
sub-division after seizure of the posters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in