Maoist posters seized from Sundargarh villages
Rourkela: Maoist posters have been
seized from several villages under K Balang and Koida police
limits of Sundargarh district in Orissa bordering Jharkhand
The posters were found hanging on road-side trees of
National Highway 215 and in Jamdih, Ranjeda, Toda villages
on Tuesday, police said.
Written in Hindi language, the posters carrying
anti-government slogans alleged police action against tribal
villagers in Chhattisgarh and Orissa, police added.
The Red rebels of Chhotnagapur zonal committee had
strongly opposed anti-Maoist operation in Chhattisgarh.
Meanwhile, two businessmen of Lahunipada and Koida in
Sundargarh district have received letters and threats over
telephone by suspected Maoists to pay a levy.
A businessman of Lahunipada has received a letter asking
him to pay Rs 2 lakh while a crusher unit owner of Koida
has received a call asking him to pay Rs 5 lakh as
Both the businessmen were warned of severe action if they
informed the police.
The police was investigating the authenticity of the
Meanwhile, elaborate police arrangements have been made
in bordering areas of Maoist-prone police limits in Bonai
sub-division after seizure of the posters.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know