Maoist supporter arrested in Odisha
Berhampur: An alleged Maoist supporter was arrested from the Goudagotha area in Ganjam district of Odisha, the police said Friday.
Some Maoist posters were seized from Siladakhya alias Abraham Singh (30), who was nabbed from the area under Badagada police limit yesterday, inspector-in-charge, Badagada Bibekananda Swain.
Singh, who hails from Balinala village near Badagada, was allegedly involved in the destruction of mobile towers at Goudagotha and Baroada villages on January 4, 2012, he said.
At least three mobile towers belonging to different telecom companies were burnt by Maoists at the villages.
During interrogation, it was found that SIngh was a militia member of the outlawed outfit for last couple of years, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'