Maoist supporter arrested in Odisha
Berhampur: An alleged Maoist supporter was arrested from the Goudagotha area in Ganjam district of Odisha, the police said Friday.
Some Maoist posters were seized from Siladakhya alias Abraham Singh (30), who was nabbed from the area under Badagada police limit yesterday, inspector-in-charge, Badagada Bibekananda Swain.
Singh, who hails from Balinala village near Badagada, was allegedly involved in the destruction of mobile towers at Goudagotha and Baroada villages on January 4, 2012, he said.
At least three mobile towers belonging to different telecom companies were burnt by Maoists at the villages.
During interrogation, it was found that SIngh was a militia member of the outlawed outfit for last couple of years, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video