Maoist supporter arrested in Odisha
Berhampur: An alleged Maoist supporter was arrested from the Goudagotha area in Ganjam district of Odisha, the police said Friday.
Some Maoist posters were seized from Siladakhya alias Abraham Singh (30), who was nabbed from the area under Badagada police limit yesterday, inspector-in-charge, Badagada Bibekananda Swain.
Singh, who hails from Balinala village near Badagada, was allegedly involved in the destruction of mobile towers at Goudagotha and Baroada villages on January 4, 2012, he said.
At least three mobile towers belonging to different telecom companies were burnt by Maoists at the villages.
During interrogation, it was found that SIngh was a militia member of the outlawed outfit for last couple of years, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder