Maoists abduct employees and release them later
Malkangiri: Maoists torched a vehicle of a private company and abducted its four employees but released them after about four hours in Odisha`s Malkangiri district, police said on Thursday.
About 25 armed red rebels intercepted the jeep and
asked its occupants belonging to the company to get down in a
forest road near Ralegada panchayat under Chitrkonda police
limits last evening.
After setting ablaze the vehicle, the ultras took all
the four employees into the nearby jungle and kept them
hostage for about four hours. Later all of them were released,
This is the sixth such incident involving this
particular company. On earlier occasions, the Maoists twice
blasted their pipeline besides torching many vehicles of the
company, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert