Maoists abduct employees and release them later
Malkangiri: Maoists torched a vehicle of a private company and abducted its four employees but released them after about four hours in Odisha`s Malkangiri district, police said on Thursday.
About 25 armed red rebels intercepted the jeep and
asked its occupants belonging to the company to get down in a
forest road near Ralegada panchayat under Chitrkonda police
limits last evening.
After setting ablaze the vehicle, the ultras took all
the four employees into the nearby jungle and kept them
hostage for about four hours. Later all of them were released,
This is the sixth such incident involving this
particular company. On earlier occasions, the Maoists twice
blasted their pipeline besides torching many vehicles of the
company, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- M&M incorporates Mahindra Airways as wholly-owned subsidiary
- Airtel proposes Rs 30 crore annual package to Sunil Mittal
- Chinese soldiers spotted in Uttarakhand's Chamoli; defence ministry says 'no incursion'
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies