Maoists abduct employees and release them later
Malkangiri: Maoists torched a vehicle of a private company and abducted its four employees but released them after about four hours in Odisha`s Malkangiri district, police said on Thursday.
About 25 armed red rebels intercepted the jeep and
asked its occupants belonging to the company to get down in a
forest road near Ralegada panchayat under Chitrkonda police
limits last evening.
After setting ablaze the vehicle, the ultras took all
the four employees into the nearby jungle and kept them
hostage for about four hours. Later all of them were released,
This is the sixth such incident involving this
particular company. On earlier occasions, the Maoists twice
blasted their pipeline besides torching many vehicles of the
company, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren