Maoists abduct employees and release them later
Malkangiri: Maoists torched a vehicle of a private company and abducted its four employees but released them after about four hours in Odisha`s Malkangiri district, police said on Thursday.
About 25 armed red rebels intercepted the jeep and
asked its occupants belonging to the company to get down in a
forest road near Ralegada panchayat under Chitrkonda police
limits last evening.
After setting ablaze the vehicle, the ultras took all
the four employees into the nearby jungle and kept them
hostage for about four hours. Later all of them were released,
This is the sixth such incident involving this
particular company. On earlier occasions, the Maoists twice
blasted their pipeline besides torching many vehicles of the
company, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Weeds, less water could spell death for Chandigarh's Sukhna Lake
- F&B giant Pepsico end decade-long association with India's ODI captain MS Dhoni
- Committee flags gaps, vulnerability in Indo-Pak border fencing
- Argentine football legend Diego Maradona's passport stolen, unable to travel to Dubai
- RBI calls for ownership change of companies with sticky loan accounts