Maoists abduct employees and release them later
Malkangiri: Maoists torched a vehicle of a private company and abducted its four employees but released them after about four hours in Odisha`s Malkangiri district, police said on Thursday.
About 25 armed red rebels intercepted the jeep and
asked its occupants belonging to the company to get down in a
forest road near Ralegada panchayat under Chitrkonda police
limits last evening.
After setting ablaze the vehicle, the ultras took all
the four employees into the nearby jungle and kept them
hostage for about four hours. Later all of them were released,
This is the sixth such incident involving this
particular company. On earlier occasions, the Maoists twice
blasted their pipeline besides torching many vehicles of the
company, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?