Maoists arrested in Odisha
Malkangiri (Odisha): Two Maoists allegedly involved in the killing of a panchayat functionary have been arrested in Malkangiri district, police said on Sunday.
The two ultras were nabbed during a joint combing operation by personnel of the elite special operation group (SOG) and district voluntary force (DVF) in a forest of Adikonda-Paliguda under Kalimela police station last evening, the police said.
The ultras were identified as Debasodi (20) of Adikonda village and Gudura Madi (22) of same village working at Kalimela Dalam under the leadership of Maoist leader Sudhir, who was present in the camp. He, however escaped in the dense forest, police said.
Both Maoists have confessed that seven Maoists were involved in the killing of the sarpanch on April 2 last, the police said.
Police also seized one country-made gun, pistol, 19 cartridges, hand grenade, tiffin bomb, explosives used in making landmine, dresses, cap, life saving medicines, booklets and posters from the camp, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- United Nations criticizes repression in Bahrain, urges dialogue
- North Korea leader Kim Jong-Un says missile test a success, threat to US
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar