Maoists arrested in Odisha
Malkangiri (Odisha): Two Maoists allegedly involved in the killing of a panchayat functionary have been arrested in Malkangiri district, police said on Sunday.
The two ultras were nabbed during a joint combing operation by personnel of the elite special operation group (SOG) and district voluntary force (DVF) in a forest of Adikonda-Paliguda under Kalimela police station last evening, the police said.
The ultras were identified as Debasodi (20) of Adikonda village and Gudura Madi (22) of same village working at Kalimela Dalam under the leadership of Maoist leader Sudhir, who was present in the camp. He, however escaped in the dense forest, police said.
Both Maoists have confessed that seven Maoists were involved in the killing of the sarpanch on April 2 last, the police said.
Police also seized one country-made gun, pistol, 19 cartridges, hand grenade, tiffin bomb, explosives used in making landmine, dresses, cap, life saving medicines, booklets and posters from the camp, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy