Maoists arrested in Odisha
Malkangiri (Odisha): Two Maoists allegedly involved in the killing of a panchayat functionary have been arrested in Malkangiri district, police said on Sunday.
The two ultras were nabbed during a joint combing operation by personnel of the elite special operation group (SOG) and district voluntary force (DVF) in a forest of Adikonda-Paliguda under Kalimela police station last evening, the police said.
The ultras were identified as Debasodi (20) of Adikonda village and Gudura Madi (22) of same village working at Kalimela Dalam under the leadership of Maoist leader Sudhir, who was present in the camp. He, however escaped in the dense forest, police said.
Both Maoists have confessed that seven Maoists were involved in the killing of the sarpanch on April 2 last, the police said.
Police also seized one country-made gun, pistol, 19 cartridges, hand grenade, tiffin bomb, explosives used in making landmine, dresses, cap, life saving medicines, booklets and posters from the camp, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred