Maoists arrested, training camp destroyed in Odisha
Malkangiri (Odisha): Two Maoists were arrested and their training camp smashed by securitymen inside a dense forest in Odisha`s Malkangiri district bordering Chhatisgarh, police said on Friday.
Acting on intelligence information, security personnel raided the training camp located inside the inaccessible forest near Mundaguda village under Mathili police limits on Wednesday night, Malkangiri Superintendent of Police Akhileswar Singh said.
While Unga Madkami of Pujariguda and Boti Kumjama of Termaguda village, aged between 22 and 30 years were nabbed, other naxals present in the camp managed to escape to neighbouring Chhattisgarh crossing Sabari river.
Leaflates, posters, banners and other literature relating to the red rebel ideology were seized from them.
During interrogation, both told the police that they were being trained by the top Maoist cadres, the SP said.
Vigorous combing operation and patrolling had been launched in the area by the security forces after the operation, Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch