Maoists arrested, training camp destroyed in Odisha
Malkangiri (Odisha): Two Maoists were arrested and their training camp smashed by securitymen inside a dense forest in Odisha`s Malkangiri district bordering Chhatisgarh, police said on Friday.
Acting on intelligence information, security personnel raided the training camp located inside the inaccessible forest near Mundaguda village under Mathili police limits on Wednesday night, Malkangiri Superintendent of Police Akhileswar Singh said.
While Unga Madkami of Pujariguda and Boti Kumjama of Termaguda village, aged between 22 and 30 years were nabbed, other naxals present in the camp managed to escape to neighbouring Chhattisgarh crossing Sabari river.
Leaflates, posters, banners and other literature relating to the red rebel ideology were seized from them.
During interrogation, both told the police that they were being trained by the top Maoist cadres, the SP said.
Vigorous combing operation and patrolling had been launched in the area by the security forces after the operation, Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket