Maoists arrested, training camp destroyed in Odisha
Malkangiri (Odisha): Two Maoists were arrested and their training camp smashed by securitymen inside a dense forest in Odisha`s Malkangiri district bordering Chhatisgarh, police said on Friday.
Acting on intelligence information, security personnel raided the training camp located inside the inaccessible forest near Mundaguda village under Mathili police limits on Wednesday night, Malkangiri Superintendent of Police Akhileswar Singh said.
While Unga Madkami of Pujariguda and Boti Kumjama of Termaguda village, aged between 22 and 30 years were nabbed, other naxals present in the camp managed to escape to neighbouring Chhattisgarh crossing Sabari river.
Leaflates, posters, banners and other literature relating to the red rebel ideology were seized from them.
During interrogation, both told the police that they were being trained by the top Maoist cadres, the SP said.
Vigorous combing operation and patrolling had been launched in the area by the security forces after the operation, Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre