Maoists arrested, training camp destroyed in Odisha
Malkangiri (Odisha): Two Maoists were arrested and their training camp smashed by securitymen inside a dense forest in Odisha`s Malkangiri district bordering Chhatisgarh, police said on Friday.
Acting on intelligence information, security personnel raided the training camp located inside the inaccessible forest near Mundaguda village under Mathili police limits on Wednesday night, Malkangiri Superintendent of Police Akhileswar Singh said.
While Unga Madkami of Pujariguda and Boti Kumjama of Termaguda village, aged between 22 and 30 years were nabbed, other naxals present in the camp managed to escape to neighbouring Chhattisgarh crossing Sabari river.
Leaflates, posters, banners and other literature relating to the red rebel ideology were seized from them.
During interrogation, both told the police that they were being trained by the top Maoist cadres, the SP said.
Vigorous combing operation and patrolling had been launched in the area by the security forces after the operation, Singh said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video