Maoists attack BSF camp in Odisha, none injured
Malkangiri: Maoists attacked a BSF camp and triggered an explosion at Bhejangiwada in Malkangiri district, police said on Tuesday.
A group of heavily-armed Maoists surrounded the camp and fired from different directions last night, Superintendent of Police Akhileswar Singh said.
However, nobody was injured in the attack by the red rebels, he said.
Soon BSF jawans retaliated and a gun-battle continued for over 40 minutes. About 500 rounds were fired in the encounter and the Maoists were forced to flee the area. The jawans fought with utmost caution in view of the residential areas near their camp, police said.
While leaving the area, the ultras exploded a low-intensity IED.
A combing operation has been launched in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!