Maoists attack BSF camp in Odisha, none injured
Malkangiri: Maoists attacked a BSF camp and triggered an explosion at Bhejangiwada in Malkangiri district, police said on Tuesday.
A group of heavily-armed Maoists surrounded the camp and fired from different directions last night, Superintendent of Police Akhileswar Singh said.
However, nobody was injured in the attack by the red rebels, he said.
Soon BSF jawans retaliated and a gun-battle continued for over 40 minutes. About 500 rounds were fired in the encounter and the Maoists were forced to flee the area. The jawans fought with utmost caution in view of the residential areas near their camp, police said.
While leaving the area, the ultras exploded a low-intensity IED.
A combing operation has been launched in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH