Maoists attack BSF camp in Odisha, none injured
Malkangiri: Maoists attacked a BSF camp and triggered an explosion at Bhejangiwada in Malkangiri district, police said on Tuesday.
A group of heavily-armed Maoists surrounded the camp and fired from different directions last night, Superintendent of Police Akhileswar Singh said.
However, nobody was injured in the attack by the red rebels, he said.
Soon BSF jawans retaliated and a gun-battle continued for over 40 minutes. About 500 rounds were fired in the encounter and the Maoists were forced to flee the area. The jawans fought with utmost caution in view of the residential areas near their camp, police said.
While leaving the area, the ultras exploded a low-intensity IED.
A combing operation has been launched in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America