Maoists attack BSF camp in Odisha, none injured
Malkangiri: Maoists attacked a BSF camp and triggered an explosion at Bhejangiwada in Malkangiri district, police said on Tuesday.
A group of heavily-armed Maoists surrounded the camp and fired from different directions last night, Superintendent of Police Akhileswar Singh said.
However, nobody was injured in the attack by the red rebels, he said.
Soon BSF jawans retaliated and a gun-battle continued for over 40 minutes. About 500 rounds were fired in the encounter and the Maoists were forced to flee the area. The jawans fought with utmost caution in view of the residential areas near their camp, police said.
While leaving the area, the ultras exploded a low-intensity IED.
A combing operation has been launched in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened