Maoists attack forest office in Orissa
Koraput: Maoists blew up a portion of a forest range office with a landmine in Orissa`s
Koraput district early Saturday, police sources said.
Around 15 heavily armed rebels stormed into the forest office at Ramgiri in Boipariguda police station area, about 65 km from here, and set of the landmine, the sources said.
They shouted slogans against the government before leaving, the sources said.
"A portion of the range office has been completely destroyed. No casualty or injury has been reported as no one was present in the office at the time of the attack," a senior
police official said.
Last week, Maoists had gunned down a BJD leader at Ramgiri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what