Maoists blow up bridge in Odisha
Malkangiri: Armed Maoists blew up a bridge on the river Poteru snapping road link between Kalimela and Padia in Malkangiri district early Saturday.
A group of about 60 ultras triggered a blast using powerful explosives and destroyed the bridge in the wee hours, police said.
The incident was apparently aimed at stalling movement of security forces as they were using the vital road to undertake combing operations against the red rebels, police said.
In another incident in Kalimela area, Maoists looted the house of a Special Police Officer Lacha Madkami of Sangel village in the late last night.
Earlier, the Maoists had asked Lacha to resign from the SPO post, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read