Maoists blow up bridge in Odisha
Malkangiri: Armed Maoists blew up a bridge on the river Poteru snapping road link between Kalimela and Padia in Malkangiri district early Saturday.
A group of about 60 ultras triggered a blast using powerful explosives and destroyed the bridge in the wee hours, police said.
The incident was apparently aimed at stalling movement of security forces as they were using the vital road to undertake combing operations against the red rebels, police said.
In another incident in Kalimela area, Maoists looted the house of a Special Police Officer Lacha Madkami of Sangel village in the late last night.
Earlier, the Maoists had asked Lacha to resign from the SPO post, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar