Maoists blow up BSF vehicle in Odisha, four killed
Bhubaneswar: Four BSF officers, including a
Commanding Officer, were today killed in an IED blast by
suspected Maoists in Malkangiri district of Odisha.
The BSF squad was targeted at around 1 PM in the Janbai
area of the district, under Chitragonda police station area,
465 kms from here, and its jungles are a Naxal hotbed as it
touches the borders of two other states-- Andhra Pradesh and
Chhattisgarh, making it a corridor for Maoists.
According to initial reports, the officers were returning
in their vehicle after attending a meeting with the district
The victims have been identified as Commandant (107
battalion) G R Khaswan, his Second-in-Command Rajesh Sharan,
Inspector Ashok and Assistant Sub-Inspector and radio operator
of the squad Jitendra.
A Border Security Force (BSF) company is located in the
area where the blast occurred.
The area witnesses a huge inter-state movement of armed
Maoist cadres, a senior official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest