Maoists blow up culvert, loot money in Orissa
Rourkela: Maoists blew up a culvert on a
national highway and looted Rs 49 lakh in separate incidents
in Orissa`s Sundargarh district on Friday, police said.
About 200 Maoists blew up a culvert near Sonambur
under K Balang police station using landmines.
The Maoists marched on the national highway 215 before
exploding the mine, police said.
In another incident, armed ultras attacked a jeep
carrying three staff of Lahunipara branch of SBI with Rs 49
lakh to Barsuan branch.
The Maoists decamped with the money, a gun and the
jeep leaving the bank cashier, security guard and driver
tied with a tree in a nearby forest near Barsuan, 120 km from
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you