Maoists blow up culvert, loot money in Orissa
Rourkela: Maoists blew up a culvert on a
national highway and looted Rs 49 lakh in separate incidents
in Orissa`s Sundargarh district on Friday, police said.
About 200 Maoists blew up a culvert near Sonambur
under K Balang police station using landmines.
The Maoists marched on the national highway 215 before
exploding the mine, police said.
In another incident, armed ultras attacked a jeep
carrying three staff of Lahunipara branch of SBI with Rs 49
lakh to Barsuan branch.
The Maoists decamped with the money, a gun and the
jeep leaving the bank cashier, security guard and driver
tied with a tree in a nearby forest near Barsuan, 120 km from
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers