Maoists blow up culvert, loot money in Orissa
Rourkela: Maoists blew up a culvert on a
national highway and looted Rs 49 lakh in separate incidents
in Orissa`s Sundargarh district on Friday, police said.
About 200 Maoists blew up a culvert near Sonambur
under K Balang police station using landmines.
The Maoists marched on the national highway 215 before
exploding the mine, police said.
In another incident, armed ultras attacked a jeep
carrying three staff of Lahunipara branch of SBI with Rs 49
lakh to Barsuan branch.
The Maoists decamped with the money, a gun and the
jeep leaving the bank cashier, security guard and driver
tied with a tree in a nearby forest near Barsuan, 120 km from
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman