Maoists blow up culvert, loot money in Orissa
Rourkela: Maoists blew up a culvert on a
national highway and looted Rs 49 lakh in separate incidents
in Orissa`s Sundargarh district on Friday, police said.
About 200 Maoists blew up a culvert near Sonambur
under K Balang police station using landmines.
The Maoists marched on the national highway 215 before
exploding the mine, police said.
In another incident, armed ultras attacked a jeep
carrying three staff of Lahunipara branch of SBI with Rs 49
lakh to Barsuan branch.
The Maoists decamped with the money, a gun and the
jeep leaving the bank cashier, security guard and driver
tied with a tree in a nearby forest near Barsuan, 120 km from
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert