Maoists blow up culvert, loot money in Orissa
Rourkela: Maoists blew up a culvert on a
national highway and looted Rs 49 lakh in separate incidents
in Orissa`s Sundargarh district on Friday, police said.
About 200 Maoists blew up a culvert near Sonambur
under K Balang police station using landmines.
The Maoists marched on the national highway 215 before
exploding the mine, police said.
In another incident, armed ultras attacked a jeep
carrying three staff of Lahunipara branch of SBI with Rs 49
lakh to Barsuan branch.
The Maoists decamped with the money, a gun and the
jeep leaving the bank cashier, security guard and driver
tied with a tree in a nearby forest near Barsuan, 120 km from
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate