Maoists blow up mobile tower control room
Bhubaneswar: Armed Maoists blew up a mobile tower control room of a private telecom company in Orissa`s Malkangiri district, police said on Sunday.
More than 30 rebels of outlawed Communist Party of India-Maoist blew up the control room using landmine late Saturday at Nilakamberu village, a senior district police officer told a news agency.
Malkangiri, 618 km from here, is considered Maoists stronghold in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter