Maoists blow up panchayat building, godown
Malkangiri: Armed Maoists blew up a panchayat building and a godown in Orissa`s Malkangiri district early Monday.
Around 50 gun-totting rebels stormed Mandapalli, about 65 km from here, in the wee hours and triggered a landmine blast at the panchayat building and a nearby godown, police said, adding no casualties were reported.
Raising slogans against anti-Maoist operations by security forces, the ultras disappeared in the nearby forest after the attack, they said.
The rebels have destroyed or damaged many government buildings including panchayat offices in last six months, police said.
Security personnel in strength have rushed to the site to conduct combing operation, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof