Maoists blow up panchayat building, godown
Malkangiri: Armed Maoists blew up a panchayat building and a godown in Orissa`s Malkangiri district early Monday.
Around 50 gun-totting rebels stormed Mandapalli, about 65 km from here, in the wee hours and triggered a landmine blast at the panchayat building and a nearby godown, police said, adding no casualties were reported.
Raising slogans against anti-Maoist operations by security forces, the ultras disappeared in the nearby forest after the attack, they said.
The rebels have destroyed or damaged many government buildings including panchayat offices in last six months, police said.
Security personnel in strength have rushed to the site to conduct combing operation, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port