Maoists blow up panchayat building, godown
Malkangiri: Armed Maoists blew up a panchayat building and a godown in Orissa`s Malkangiri district early Monday.
Around 50 gun-totting rebels stormed Mandapalli, about 65 km from here, in the wee hours and triggered a landmine blast at the panchayat building and a nearby godown, police said, adding no casualties were reported.
Raising slogans against anti-Maoist operations by security forces, the ultras disappeared in the nearby forest after the attack, they said.
The rebels have destroyed or damaged many government buildings including panchayat offices in last six months, police said.
Security personnel in strength have rushed to the site to conduct combing operation, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- 'Udta Punjab' Box Office collection: Shahid Kapoor-Alia Bhatt starrer crosses Rs 50 crore mark!
- 30 dead, 21 injured after bus catches fire in central China
- Revealed! Why 'Baahubali' didn’t feature a Bollywood star-cast!
- Top 5 ways to deal with mid-life crisis!
- Allahabad HC declines to entertain PIL to restrain media coverage of Kairana incident