Maoists blow up panchayat building, godown
Malkangiri: Armed Maoists blew up a panchayat building and a godown in Orissa`s Malkangiri district early Monday.
Around 50 gun-totting rebels stormed Mandapalli, about 65 km from here, in the wee hours and triggered a landmine blast at the panchayat building and a nearby godown, police said, adding no casualties were reported.
Raising slogans against anti-Maoist operations by security forces, the ultras disappeared in the nearby forest after the attack, they said.
The rebels have destroyed or damaged many government buildings including panchayat offices in last six months, police said.
Security personnel in strength have rushed to the site to conduct combing operation, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?