Maoists blow up panchayat building, godown
Malkangiri: Armed Maoists blew up a panchayat building and a godown in Orissa`s Malkangiri district early Monday.
Around 50 gun-totting rebels stormed Mandapalli, about 65 km from here, in the wee hours and triggered a landmine blast at the panchayat building and a nearby godown, police said, adding no casualties were reported.
Raising slogans against anti-Maoist operations by security forces, the ultras disappeared in the nearby forest after the attack, they said.
The rebels have destroyed or damaged many government buildings including panchayat offices in last six months, police said.
Security personnel in strength have rushed to the site to conduct combing operation, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery