Maoists blow up police post in Orissa
Bhubaneswar: Maoists blew up a police post in Orissa`s Keonjhar district during the weeklong anniversary celebration of their military wing, People`s Liberation of Guerilla Army (PLGA), police said on Friday.
About 20-30 rebels on Thursday night blasted the abandoned police post at Banspal village using a landmine when nobody was inside, state`s inspector general of police (operation) Sanjeev Marik said.
"It was a one-room house and the front portion of it has been damaged," Marik told a news agency.
The district headquarter of Keonjhar is 235 km from state capital Bhubaneswar.
The Maoists began the anniversary celebrations of PLGA Thursday. They are trying to recruit people to increase their numbers by putting posters and leaflets in various places.
Maoists, who have presence in more then half of Orissa, blew up an ambulance in communally-sensitive Kandhamal district November 27, killing all its five occupants. The rebels also killed a contractor in the area November 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?