Maoists blow up police post in Orissa
Bhubaneswar: Maoists blew up a police post in Orissa`s Keonjhar district during the weeklong anniversary celebration of their military wing, People`s Liberation of Guerilla Army (PLGA), police said on Friday.
About 20-30 rebels on Thursday night blasted the abandoned police post at Banspal village using a landmine when nobody was inside, state`s inspector general of police (operation) Sanjeev Marik said.
"It was a one-room house and the front portion of it has been damaged," Marik told a news agency.
The district headquarter of Keonjhar is 235 km from state capital Bhubaneswar.
The Maoists began the anniversary celebrations of PLGA Thursday. They are trying to recruit people to increase their numbers by putting posters and leaflets in various places.
Maoists, who have presence in more then half of Orissa, blew up an ambulance in communally-sensitive Kandhamal district November 27, killing all its five occupants. The rebels also killed a contractor in the area November 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi