Maoists blow up police post in Orissa
Bhubaneswar: Maoists blew up a police post in Orissa`s Keonjhar district during the weeklong anniversary celebration of their military wing, People`s Liberation of Guerilla Army (PLGA), police said on Friday.
About 20-30 rebels on Thursday night blasted the abandoned police post at Banspal village using a landmine when nobody was inside, state`s inspector general of police (operation) Sanjeev Marik said.
"It was a one-room house and the front portion of it has been damaged," Marik told a news agency.
The district headquarter of Keonjhar is 235 km from state capital Bhubaneswar.
The Maoists began the anniversary celebrations of PLGA Thursday. They are trying to recruit people to increase their numbers by putting posters and leaflets in various places.
Maoists, who have presence in more then half of Orissa, blew up an ambulance in communally-sensitive Kandhamal district November 27, killing all its five occupants. The rebels also killed a contractor in the area November 25.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living