Maoists blow up two Orissa schools, kill man
Bhubaneswar: Maoists on Sunday blew up two school buildings and killed a villager in separate incidents in Orissa’s Malkangiri district, police said.
The rebels blew up a school building in Bejingiwada village and another in Tentuliguda village using landmines, Superintendent of Police Anirudha Kumar Singh said.
In a separate incident, Maoists killed a man at Gampakunda village, accusing him of being a police informer. The man`s body was found on a village road with Maoist posters lying nearby.
More than half of Orissa`s 30 districts are affected by the Maoist menace. Malkangiri, nearly 620 km from here, is considered one of their strongholds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur