Maoists blow up two Orissa schools, kill man
Bhubaneswar: Maoists on Sunday blew up two school buildings and killed a villager in separate incidents in Orissa’s Malkangiri district, police said.
The rebels blew up a school building in Bejingiwada village and another in Tentuliguda village using landmines, Superintendent of Police Anirudha Kumar Singh said.
In a separate incident, Maoists killed a man at Gampakunda village, accusing him of being a police informer. The man`s body was found on a village road with Maoist posters lying nearby.
More than half of Orissa`s 30 districts are affected by the Maoist menace. Malkangiri, nearly 620 km from here, is considered one of their strongholds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!