Maoists blow up two Orissa schools, kill man
Bhubaneswar: Maoists on Sunday blew up two school buildings and killed a villager in separate incidents in Orissa’s Malkangiri district, police said.
The rebels blew up a school building in Bejingiwada village and another in Tentuliguda village using landmines, Superintendent of Police Anirudha Kumar Singh said.
In a separate incident, Maoists killed a man at Gampakunda village, accusing him of being a police informer. The man`s body was found on a village road with Maoist posters lying nearby.
More than half of Orissa`s 30 districts are affected by the Maoist menace. Malkangiri, nearly 620 km from here, is considered one of their strongholds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you