Maoists go on poster campaign in Koraput
Koraput (Odisha): Defying security measures, the Maoists went on a poster campaign at Narayanpatna and Bandhugaon blocks of Koraput district of Odisha ahead of their nationwide bandh on Wednesday.
The outlawed CPI (Maoist) has given a 24 hour bandh call in protest against the proposed National Counter Terrorism Centre (NCTC) and operation Green Hunt.
Maoists have gone on a massive postering at Odiapentha, Balipeta, Narayanpatna, Almonda, Kaberibadi areas of the district and on the entire road connecting Bandhugaon with Rayagada district urging people to cooperate during the bandh.
We demand release of jailed political prisoners, halt to operation Green Hunt and withdrawal of para-military forces from the area, reads a poster pasted at Odiapentha and Narayanpatna.
Police said it has already launched combing operations in the area and security arrangements had been made to thrawt any trouble during the bandh period.
Admitting that the Naxals have done massive postering in the area SP Koraput Awinash Kumar said, “Security personnel are put on high alert. Anti-Naxalite operations, based on intelligence inputs, have been intensified in the area.”
“Though the Maoists have put posters and banners at several places with the help of their overground elements but a close watch is kept on the developments and all the needful will be done,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie