Maoists gun down two including village head in Malkangiri
Malkangiri: Maoists Friday shot dead two persons, including a village head, suspecting them to be police informers in Odisha`s Malkangiri district.
Over 20 heavily-armed ultras stormed Badiliguda village in the wee hours today and pulled village head Ganga Madkami and Deba Padiami out of their houses and shot them dead outside the village, police said.
After getting information about the incident, local police personnel and BSF jawans rushed to the spot, Malkangiri Superintendent of police Akhileswar Singh said.
"The assailants have done this apparently to terrorise the people. We strongly condemn this barbaric act. We will handle it firmly", the SP said, adding combing operation in the area had been intensified and inquiry was on.
A poster found at the site claimed that the two were eliminated as they were believed to be operating as informers of the police, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Belgian jazz musician Toots Thielemans dies at 94
- Finance Ministry expects new RBI Governor Urjit Patel to push growth while checking inflation
- Tata Motors launches two new commercial vehicles in Indonesia
- ArcelorMittal to pay $110 million fine for price fixing in South Africa
- Sisodia attacks PM on 'killer' Chinese manjha, demands ban on import