Maoists gun down two including village head in Malkangiri
Malkangiri: Maoists Friday shot dead two persons, including a village head, suspecting them to be police informers in Odisha`s Malkangiri district.
Over 20 heavily-armed ultras stormed Badiliguda village in the wee hours today and pulled village head Ganga Madkami and Deba Padiami out of their houses and shot them dead outside the village, police said.
After getting information about the incident, local police personnel and BSF jawans rushed to the spot, Malkangiri Superintendent of police Akhileswar Singh said.
"The assailants have done this apparently to terrorise the people. We strongly condemn this barbaric act. We will handle it firmly", the SP said, adding combing operation in the area had been intensified and inquiry was on.
A poster found at the site claimed that the two were eliminated as they were believed to be operating as informers of the police, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley