Maoists gun down two including village head in Malkangiri
Malkangiri: Maoists Friday shot dead two persons, including a village head, suspecting them to be police informers in Odisha`s Malkangiri district.
Over 20 heavily-armed ultras stormed Badiliguda village in the wee hours today and pulled village head Ganga Madkami and Deba Padiami out of their houses and shot them dead outside the village, police said.
After getting information about the incident, local police personnel and BSF jawans rushed to the spot, Malkangiri Superintendent of police Akhileswar Singh said.
"The assailants have done this apparently to terrorise the people. We strongly condemn this barbaric act. We will handle it firmly", the SP said, adding combing operation in the area had been intensified and inquiry was on.
A poster found at the site claimed that the two were eliminated as they were believed to be operating as informers of the police, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites