Maoists gun down two including village head in Malkangiri
Malkangiri: Maoists Friday shot dead two persons, including a village head, suspecting them to be police informers in Odisha`s Malkangiri district.
Over 20 heavily-armed ultras stormed Badiliguda village in the wee hours today and pulled village head Ganga Madkami and Deba Padiami out of their houses and shot them dead outside the village, police said.
After getting information about the incident, local police personnel and BSF jawans rushed to the spot, Malkangiri Superintendent of police Akhileswar Singh said.
"The assailants have done this apparently to terrorise the people. We strongly condemn this barbaric act. We will handle it firmly", the SP said, adding combing operation in the area had been intensified and inquiry was on.
A poster found at the site claimed that the two were eliminated as they were believed to be operating as informers of the police, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh