Maoists hack man to death in Odisha`s Malkangiri
Malkangiri (Odisha): Suspected Maoists killed a man with sharp weapons in Odisha`s Malkangiri district early on Monday suspecting him to be a police informer, police said.
The body of the unidentified man, aged around 30 years, was found with his throat slit at Kianga village in Mathili area, Superintendent of Police Akhileswar Singh said.
A poster left near the body by the killers stated that the man had to pay the price for being an informer of the police, he said.
Written in Hindi, the poster carried the name of Kanker division of CPI (Maoist), police said adding efforts were on to ascertain the identity of the victim, who was believed to be an outsider.
It is suspected that the man was either killed elsewhere and his body thrown at the spot or he was brought from some other place and killed there, they said adding investigation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad