Maoists hack villager to death in Koraput
Koraput (Odisha): Maoists today hacked a
man to death with the suspicion that he was a police informer
in Odisha`s Koraput district.
"A group of armed Maoists waylaid Bidyut Bisoi (33),
when he was returning from a temple located on the outskirts
of Narayanpatna and attacked him with an axe. He died on the
spot," Superintendent of Police Anup Kumar Sahoo said.
The rebels attacked Bisoi as he was opposed to the
Maoist-backed Chasi Muliya Adivasi Sangh in the area, SP said
refuting the allegation that the dead person was a police
"He was never our informer. Investigation is on to
find the reason behind the killing," he said.
Combing operation and patrolling have been stepped up
and additional forces were deployed in the area after the
incident, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof