Maoists hack villager to death in Koraput
Koraput (Odisha): Maoists today hacked a
man to death with the suspicion that he was a police informer
in Odisha`s Koraput district.
"A group of armed Maoists waylaid Bidyut Bisoi (33),
when he was returning from a temple located on the outskirts
of Narayanpatna and attacked him with an axe. He died on the
spot," Superintendent of Police Anup Kumar Sahoo said.
The rebels attacked Bisoi as he was opposed to the
Maoist-backed Chasi Muliya Adivasi Sangh in the area, SP said
refuting the allegation that the dead person was a police
"He was never our informer. Investigation is on to
find the reason behind the killing," he said.
Combing operation and patrolling have been stepped up
and additional forces were deployed in the area after the
incident, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?