Maoists held in Odisha
Berhampur (Odisha): Two Maoists and two
of their supporters were arrested and some arms and explosive decices seized from Rahaganda forest in Sorada area of Odisha`s Ganjam district, police said today.
Huge quantities of ammunition, twenty detonators, five gelatin sticks and medicines were seized from the four arrested yesterday, police said.
They were identified as Mithun Mallick of Sarapadi, Kana Mallick of Salimgochha, Suresh Mallick and Jacab Mallick of Jirakua village.
The arrested red rebels belonged to Odisha Maobadi Patry (OMP) headed by home grown top Maoist leader Sabyasachi Panda, police said.
While Mithun and Suresh were working for Panda, other two were identified as their supporters.
Police said the ultras were apprehended from the jungle when the police and district volunteer forces, Ganjam district jointly conducted a search operation in the area, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in