Maoists held in Odisha
Berhampur (Odisha): Two Maoists and two
of their supporters were arrested and some arms and explosive decices seized from Rahaganda forest in Sorada area of Odisha`s Ganjam district, police said today.
Huge quantities of ammunition, twenty detonators, five gelatin sticks and medicines were seized from the four arrested yesterday, police said.
They were identified as Mithun Mallick of Sarapadi, Kana Mallick of Salimgochha, Suresh Mallick and Jacab Mallick of Jirakua village.
The arrested red rebels belonged to Odisha Maobadi Patry (OMP) headed by home grown top Maoist leader Sabyasachi Panda, police said.
While Mithun and Suresh were working for Panda, other two were identified as their supporters.
Police said the ultras were apprehended from the jungle when the police and district volunteer forces, Ganjam district jointly conducted a search operation in the area, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach