Maoists held in Odisha
Berhampur (Odisha): Two Maoists and two
of their supporters were arrested and some arms and explosive decices seized from Rahaganda forest in Sorada area of Odisha`s Ganjam district, police said today.
Huge quantities of ammunition, twenty detonators, five gelatin sticks and medicines were seized from the four arrested yesterday, police said.
They were identified as Mithun Mallick of Sarapadi, Kana Mallick of Salimgochha, Suresh Mallick and Jacab Mallick of Jirakua village.
The arrested red rebels belonged to Odisha Maobadi Patry (OMP) headed by home grown top Maoist leader Sabyasachi Panda, police said.
While Mithun and Suresh were working for Panda, other two were identified as their supporters.
Police said the ultras were apprehended from the jungle when the police and district volunteer forces, Ganjam district jointly conducted a search operation in the area, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?