Maoists held in Odisha
Berhampur (Odisha): Two Maoists and two
of their supporters were arrested and some arms and explosive decices seized from Rahaganda forest in Sorada area of Odisha`s Ganjam district, police said today.
Huge quantities of ammunition, twenty detonators, five gelatin sticks and medicines were seized from the four arrested yesterday, police said.
They were identified as Mithun Mallick of Sarapadi, Kana Mallick of Salimgochha, Suresh Mallick and Jacab Mallick of Jirakua village.
The arrested red rebels belonged to Odisha Maobadi Patry (OMP) headed by home grown top Maoist leader Sabyasachi Panda, police said.
While Mithun and Suresh were working for Panda, other two were identified as their supporters.
Police said the ultras were apprehended from the jungle when the police and district volunteer forces, Ganjam district jointly conducted a search operation in the area, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi