Maoists holding recruitment and training camps in Saranda
Rourkela: Lalgarh Maoist leader Bikram
Mahato and a host of trained cadres, including women, from
Chhattisgarh are attending camps set up by banned CPI(Maoist)
in the Saranda forest where training is being imparted in
guerrilla warfare, arms and handling of explosives, police
said on Saturday.
Leader of the Maoist outfit`s women`s wing, Chameli alias
Rekha is providing arms training to the women cadre to build
its `Nari Sena` deep inside the forest which is situated along
the Jharkhand-Orissa interstate border.
The recruitment drive by the Maoists is taking place after
a long hiatus and the police are keeping a close watch on
movements of the Maoists, who have lured hundreds of tribal
youths and girls belonging to villages on both sides of the
inter-state border with promises of financial packages, the
At least three major training camps run by the outfit`s
Chhota Nagpur zonal committee are in existence at Digha, Balwa
and Thalkobad area of Jharkhand and lie between the entry
point in Bisra in Sundargarh district and Mancharpur and
Kiriburu of Jharkhand.
The forest area, known as a Maoist hot bed, has been
chosen taking into consideration the hostile hilly terrain
that can be reached only on foot or motorcycle. Only one route
- the Karampada route serve as the supply line for logistics
and other provisions, the police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day