Maoists kill 3 including village panchayat ward member in Odisha
Malkangiri: Maoists gunned down three persons, including a village panchayat ward member abducted by them two days ago, in further bloodletting in Odisha`s Malkangiri district on Saturday.
The bullet-riddled bodies of Tulasi Behera, ward member of Chintalguda, and Jaga Madkami of Ramaguda, who had been kidnapped by the Maoists in the early hours of December 12, were found in a forest at Bejangwada area this morning, Malkangiri Superintendent of Police Akhileswar Singh said.
In another incident, a contractor was shot dead by suspected Maoists at MV-90 in Kalimela area this evening.
Gautam Sha (35) was standing outside his house when three motor-cycle borne assailants gunned him down, Inspector in-charge of Kalimena police station SK Nayak said.
BSF and police personnel have intensified anti-Maoist operations after the incidents, police said.
While the Maoists had released three of the kidnapped persons yesterday, two others were set free today, they said, adding the killings came close on the heels of gunning down of the father of a panchayat samiti member in the Motu area.
A group of about 40 armed Maoists struck at the house of Prabhakar Madkami, father of Manyamkonda panchayat, late on Thursday night and shot him dead after calling him out and had also set a private bus on fire yesterday near Beheraguda in Bejangwada area.
Earlier, the Maoists had kidnapped three persons including the son of a village sarpanch of Gamphakunda on December 4. One of them escaped from the clutches of the ultras the next day, while the other two were released on December 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city