Maoists kill 3 including village panchayat ward member in Odisha
Malkangiri: Maoists gunned down three persons, including a village panchayat ward member abducted by them two days ago, in further bloodletting in Odisha`s Malkangiri district on Saturday.
The bullet-riddled bodies of Tulasi Behera, ward member of Chintalguda, and Jaga Madkami of Ramaguda, who had been kidnapped by the Maoists in the early hours of December 12, were found in a forest at Bejangwada area this morning, Malkangiri Superintendent of Police Akhileswar Singh said.
In another incident, a contractor was shot dead by suspected Maoists at MV-90 in Kalimela area this evening.
Gautam Sha (35) was standing outside his house when three motor-cycle borne assailants gunned him down, Inspector in-charge of Kalimena police station SK Nayak said.
BSF and police personnel have intensified anti-Maoist operations after the incidents, police said.
While the Maoists had released three of the kidnapped persons yesterday, two others were set free today, they said, adding the killings came close on the heels of gunning down of the father of a panchayat samiti member in the Motu area.
A group of about 40 armed Maoists struck at the house of Prabhakar Madkami, father of Manyamkonda panchayat, late on Thursday night and shot him dead after calling him out and had also set a private bus on fire yesterday near Beheraguda in Bejangwada area.
Earlier, the Maoists had kidnapped three persons including the son of a village sarpanch of Gamphakunda on December 4. One of them escaped from the clutches of the ultras the next day, while the other two were released on December 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj