Maoists kill BJD worker in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Suspected Maoists have killed a worker of Odisha`s ruling Biju Janata Dal (BJD) in Sundergarh district a few hours after kidnapping him, police said Sunday.
The bullet-riddled body of 43-year-old Hardeep Singh was found near Bileigarh village, about 450 km from state capital Bhubaneswar.
Sub-divisional police officer Sushil Panigrahi said Singh was a contractor and an active BJD member.
"He was engaged in the construction of a road in the region," Panigrahi told IANS.
Citing eyewitnesses, he said two people picked up Singh Saturday evening while he was on his way to home from a construction site. They took him to a nearby forest.
People`s Liberation Front of India, a Maoist group active on the Odisha-Jharkhand border, claimed responsibility for killing Singh in a leaflet left near his body, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video