Maoists kill BJD worker in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Suspected Maoists have killed a worker of Odisha`s ruling Biju Janata Dal (BJD) in Sundergarh district a few hours after kidnapping him, police said Sunday.
The bullet-riddled body of 43-year-old Hardeep Singh was found near Bileigarh village, about 450 km from state capital Bhubaneswar.
Sub-divisional police officer Sushil Panigrahi said Singh was a contractor and an active BJD member.
"He was engaged in the construction of a road in the region," Panigrahi told IANS.
Citing eyewitnesses, he said two people picked up Singh Saturday evening while he was on his way to home from a construction site. They took him to a nearby forest.
People`s Liberation Front of India, a Maoist group active on the Odisha-Jharkhand border, claimed responsibility for killing Singh in a leaflet left near his body, the officer said.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- NEET 2016: From schedule to state governments' position to results announcement - All you need to know
- Twitter launches 'Connect' to help you find friends
- Hotness alert! Latest pic of Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan will leave you drooling
- Can you believe this? Bullet train fare 1.5 times higher than AC 1st Class
- India vs Zimbabwe: BCCI confirms tour; three ODIs, equal number of T20Is to be played in 12 days