Maoists kill contractor on spying charge
Bhubaneswar: Armed Maoists killed a contractor in Odisha`s Malkangiri district by slitting his throat after accusing him of spying on them for the police, an officer said Saturday.
The murder took place at Parsonpalli village, 70 km from the district headquarters town of Malkangiri late Friday night but came to light only after local villagers informed police about it Saturday.
According to a senior district police officer, a group of about 40-50 rebels dragged 50-year-old Pandu Madakami from him house and killed him.
Madakami was the village head and had been working as a small contractor.
Malkangiri district, around 640 km from state capital Bhubaneswar, is considered a Maoist stronghold. Maoists had killed two tribal village guards in this district last month after kidnapping them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray