Maoists kill four in Koraput
Koraput: Maoists today shot dead a policeman and a homeguard at a weekly market in the Koraput district, a day after two persons were killed.
The Maoists struck at the weekly market at Onkateli in Machhkund police station area, about 70 km from Koraput and gunned down police constable Bala Takri and homeguard Binod Khara, Koraput Superintendent of Police Anup Kumar Sahoo said.
The Maoists, numbering about three, fled afterwards, he said.
Maoists killed two persons yesterday and critically injured another at Godibali village in Rayagada district suspecting them to be police informers, police sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- DNA: Heroes of surgical strike receives gallantry award
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion