Maoists kill `police informer`
Bhubaneswar: Suspected Maoists Tuesday killed a man in Odisha`s Koraput district by slitting his throat, suspecting him to be a police informer, police said.
The dead body of 50-year-old Pidika Serbo was found near his village Gumudaput in Narayan Patna area, district superintendent of police Avinash Kumar said.
Maoists are active in more than half of the state. The district of Koraput over 500 km from state capital Bhubaneswar is considered their stronghold.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- DNA: What the MTCR membership actually means for India?
- WATCH: More like Messi! Three most-talked about penalty misses by legendary footballers
- Crashed EgyptAir plane's data recorder repaired
- Six people found dead in Jharkhand; Maoist's role suspected
- Mexico police, troops `routinely` rape arrested women: Amnesty
- `India wants normalisation with Pakistan on its terms`