Maoists kill son of BJD leader
Bolangir: Barely three days after the killing of a former Naib Sarpanch in Malkangiri district, armed Maoists killed the son of a ruling BJD leader and block Chairman in Bolangir district early on Wednesday, police said.
About 30 heavily armed ultras, including women, struck at the house of Khaprakhol block Chairman Ganeshram Bhoi at village Sanaguchibhata in the wee hours looking for his son Sashiram Bhoi (42), they said.
On being told by the family members that Sashi was away, the Maoists went out but re-entered the house soon to find Sashi inside and tied him to a pole after overpowering his brother and others, they said.
The red rebels thrashed Sashi with rifle butt before killing him with a bayonet, a police official said adding Ganeshram was not present when the incident took place.
The ultras left a poster written in Odia and bearing the name of Bargarh-Bolangir-Mahasamund Divisisional Committee of CPI (Maoist) which accused Sashi of exploiting naxals and misusing their name for his own benefit, the official said.
Combing was intensified in the area by the security forces after the killing, which was the third in Patnagarh sub-division of Bolangir district this year, he said adding Ganeshram Bhoi had received threats from the red rebels earlier.
The killing came three days after the Maoists gunned down a former Naib Sarpanch of Markapadar in Malkangiri district suspecting him to be a police informer.
Barely a week ago, members of People?s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) shot BJD leader and former Rajgangpur chairman Hardeep Singh dead.
On Monday, Maoists abducted two tribals of Elengabalsa village in Koraput protesting the arrest of two of their supporters.?
A group of armed ultras set ablaze several road building machines in Orkel area of Malkangiri district yesterday, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details