Maoists kill three persons in Orissa
Rourkela/Koraput: Three persons,
who were suspected to be police informers by the Maoists, were
allegedly killed by the rebels in separate incidents at
Sundargarh and Koraput districts.
Around 300 armed Maoists went to Nangalakata village
bordering Salanda forest in Sundergarh district this morning
and forced six villagers to walk to a school building, police
They killed two of them, Anup Singh and Bisra Singh,
by slitting their throats and set the others free, they said,
adding, posters left behind by the ultras warned of death for
anyone supporting the police.
At Odiapentha village in Koraput district, a group of
50 Maoists, citing similar reasons, killed Sambaru Haika,
after dragging him out of his house last night.
"Security forces have rushed to the spot to ascertain
the reason behind the killings," SDPO (Laxmipur) Y J Rao said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31