Maoists kill trader for being "police informer"
Nuapada (Odisha): Maoists hacked to death a local trader in Odisha`s Nuapada district suspecting him to be a police informer, the police said Thursday.
A group of about 25 armed rebels, including women, barged into the house of Satar Khan at Nangalbaoard in Sinapali area late last night and attacked him with sharp weapons and rifle bayonet.
As Khan died on the spot, the ultras shouted slogans against the police and security forces and disappeared into a nearby forest, they said.
A poster left by the Maoists at the site stated that Khan was passing on information about naxal activities to the police.
Combing operation and patrolling by the security personnel had been intensified in the area after the incident, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH