Maoists kill trader for being "police informer"
Nuapada (Odisha): Maoists hacked to death a local trader in Odisha`s Nuapada district suspecting him to be a police informer, the police said Thursday.
A group of about 25 armed rebels, including women, barged into the house of Satar Khan at Nangalbaoard in Sinapali area late last night and attacked him with sharp weapons and rifle bayonet.
As Khan died on the spot, the ultras shouted slogans against the police and security forces and disappeared into a nearby forest, they said.
A poster left by the Maoists at the site stated that Khan was passing on information about naxal activities to the police.
Combing operation and patrolling by the security personnel had been intensified in the area after the incident, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'