Maoists kill trader for being "police informer"
Nuapada (Odisha): Maoists hacked to death a local trader in Odisha`s Nuapada district suspecting him to be a police informer, the police said Thursday.
A group of about 25 armed rebels, including women, barged into the house of Satar Khan at Nangalbaoard in Sinapali area late last night and attacked him with sharp weapons and rifle bayonet.
As Khan died on the spot, the ultras shouted slogans against the police and security forces and disappeared into a nearby forest, they said.
A poster left by the Maoists at the site stated that Khan was passing on information about naxal activities to the police.
Combing operation and patrolling by the security personnel had been intensified in the area after the incident, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Most Germans fear terrorist attack after train axe assault: Poll
- My son didn't do anything wrong: Dayashankar Singh's mother
- Olympics 2016: Usain Bolt gunning for Russian ban at Rio; says move will scare drug cheats
- Video row: Speaker Mahajan hints at action even as Bhagwant Mann apologies
- Pakistan-origin British boxer Amir Khan says he will ruin Vijender Singh's career...