Maoists kill trader for being "police informer"
Nuapada (Odisha): Maoists hacked to death a local trader in Odisha`s Nuapada district suspecting him to be a police informer, the police said Thursday.
A group of about 25 armed rebels, including women, barged into the house of Satar Khan at Nangalbaoard in Sinapali area late last night and attacked him with sharp weapons and rifle bayonet.
As Khan died on the spot, the ultras shouted slogans against the police and security forces and disappeared into a nearby forest, they said.
A poster left by the Maoists at the site stated that Khan was passing on information about naxal activities to the police.
Combing operation and patrolling by the security personnel had been intensified in the area after the incident, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply