Maoists kill two more tribals in Odisha`s Malkangiri district
Malkangiri: Maoists gunned down two persons suspecting them as police informers in Odisha`s Malkangiri district, police said Monday.
The victims have been identified as Deba Sodi and Erma Banjarni of Silakota village under Padia Police Station area of the district. The duo were abducted from their houses on January 25 night and killed yesterday after producing them at the Maoist`s praja court, they said.
"Two persons have been killed by the Maoists at Silakota village. But, they were never police informers,"Malkangiri district SP Akileswar Singh told reporters.
Family members of those deceased, however, have cremated the bodies without informing the police about the incident, villagers said.
Meanwhile, the Maoists`s Malkangiri Division spokesperson Poonam Chanra in an audio message claimed that they have killed the duo as their information had helped the police to launch an attack on ultras on September 13 last year when around 13 rebels were killed, police said.
Chanra also cautioned that more people from Silakota village would face the same fate as they have been working as police informer, police said, adding that she has also adviced them to tender apology for working as police informers in order to save their lives.
Around 18 innocent persons including 16 tribals, have been killed since April last year by the Maoists branding them as police informers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued