Maoists kill village guard in Odisha
Koraput (Odisha): Maoist ultras shot dead a village guard at Dasmantapur village in Odisha`s Koraput district, police said Saturday.
The incident took place last night when Gaura Chandra Dalai along with others was attending a function at the village temple.
About 50 people including some armed ultras arrived at the temple and forcibly took away Dalai.
He was shot point blank at a place about half a kilometre from the temple, police said.
The ultras left a message, saying that Dalai was regularly giving information about them to police.
However, Superintendent of Police of Koraput, Abinash Kumar said Dalai was not police informer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi