Maoists kill village guard in Odisha
Koraput (Odisha): Maoist ultras shot dead a village guard at Dasmantapur village in Odisha`s Koraput district, police said Saturday.
The incident took place last night when Gaura Chandra Dalai along with others was attending a function at the village temple.
About 50 people including some armed ultras arrived at the temple and forcibly took away Dalai.
He was shot point blank at a place about half a kilometre from the temple, police said.
The ultras left a message, saying that Dalai was regularly giving information about them to police.
However, Superintendent of Police of Koraput, Abinash Kumar said Dalai was not police informer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!