Maoists kill village leader in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Maoists on Saturday killed a village leader in Odisha`s Malkangiri district, two days after abducting him along with two others, police said. The rebels, however, released the other two unharmed.
According to Superintendent of Police Akhileswar Singh, a group of Maoists seized the three on Thursday night at gun point in Mahupadar village, over 700 km from Bhubaneswar.
The body of the 35-year-old Budha Dharua was found in a forested area near the village. This is the second killing by the Maoists this week in the district.
Maoists are active in more than half of the state`s 30 districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!