Maoists kill village leader in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Maoists on Saturday killed a village leader in Odisha`s Malkangiri district, two days after abducting him along with two others, police said. The rebels, however, released the other two unharmed.
According to Superintendent of Police Akhileswar Singh, a group of Maoists seized the three on Thursday night at gun point in Mahupadar village, over 700 km from Bhubaneswar.
The body of the 35-year-old Budha Dharua was found in a forested area near the village. This is the second killing by the Maoists this week in the district.
Maoists are active in more than half of the state`s 30 districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged