Maoists kill village leader in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Maoists on Saturday killed a village leader in Odisha`s Malkangiri district, two days after abducting him along with two others, police said. The rebels, however, released the other two unharmed.
According to Superintendent of Police Akhileswar Singh, a group of Maoists seized the three on Thursday night at gun point in Mahupadar village, over 700 km from Bhubaneswar.
The body of the 35-year-old Budha Dharua was found in a forested area near the village. This is the second killing by the Maoists this week in the district.
Maoists are active in more than half of the state`s 30 districts.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference