Maoists search beefed up in Odisha-J’khand border
Jamshedpur: Suspecting that Maoists might
have sneaked into Jharkhand after abducting Odisha`s BJD MLA
Jhina Hikaka two days ago, the state police and para-military
forces on Monday launched a massive combing operation in the
Naxal-infested pockets bordering Odisha.
SDPO (Ghatsila) Naresh Kumar said the forces launched
a massive operation in the dense forest in Maoist-stronghold
Ghurabandha in search of the ultras.
"We have not found anything in the operation, which
was still on," he said.
The operation in Naxal-infested pockets of East
Singhbhum district was regular and "we have launched the
combing operation since March 23," he said adding that two of
our team were still engaged in the operation.
Jhina Hikaka, MLA of Laxmipur and a tribal, was
abducted by Maoists in Koraput district of Odisha in the
early hours of March 24.
He said Senior Superintendent of Police, Akhilesh
Kumar Jha led the operation in Ghurabandha area bordering
Odisha since morning today.
Kumar said the security personnel and district police
have interacted with the villagers at several places in course
of the operation to inculcate confidence among them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'