Maoists search beefed up in Odisha-J’khand border
Jamshedpur: Suspecting that Maoists might
have sneaked into Jharkhand after abducting Odisha`s BJD MLA
Jhina Hikaka two days ago, the state police and para-military
forces on Monday launched a massive combing operation in the
Naxal-infested pockets bordering Odisha.
SDPO (Ghatsila) Naresh Kumar said the forces launched
a massive operation in the dense forest in Maoist-stronghold
Ghurabandha in search of the ultras.
"We have not found anything in the operation, which
was still on," he said.
The operation in Naxal-infested pockets of East
Singhbhum district was regular and "we have launched the
combing operation since March 23," he said adding that two of
our team were still engaged in the operation.
Jhina Hikaka, MLA of Laxmipur and a tribal, was
abducted by Maoists in Koraput district of Odisha in the
early hours of March 24.
He said Senior Superintendent of Police, Akhilesh
Kumar Jha led the operation in Ghurabandha area bordering
Odisha since morning today.
Kumar said the security personnel and district police
have interacted with the villagers at several places in course
of the operation to inculcate confidence among them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic