Maoists search beefed up in Odisha-J’khand border
Jamshedpur: Suspecting that Maoists might
have sneaked into Jharkhand after abducting Odisha`s BJD MLA
Jhina Hikaka two days ago, the state police and para-military
forces on Monday launched a massive combing operation in the
Naxal-infested pockets bordering Odisha.
SDPO (Ghatsila) Naresh Kumar said the forces launched
a massive operation in the dense forest in Maoist-stronghold
Ghurabandha in search of the ultras.
"We have not found anything in the operation, which
was still on," he said.
The operation in Naxal-infested pockets of East
Singhbhum district was regular and "we have launched the
combing operation since March 23," he said adding that two of
our team were still engaged in the operation.
Jhina Hikaka, MLA of Laxmipur and a tribal, was
abducted by Maoists in Koraput district of Odisha in the
early hours of March 24.
He said Senior Superintendent of Police, Akhilesh
Kumar Jha led the operation in Ghurabandha area bordering
Odisha since morning today.
Kumar said the security personnel and district police
have interacted with the villagers at several places in course
of the operation to inculcate confidence among them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you