Maoists set ablaze vehicles in Odisha
Rayagada: In a swift attack, armed Maoists set afire several equipments and vehicles at a road construction site in Odisha`s Rayagada district, police said on Thursday.
However, there was no casualty in the incident.
A group of ultras struck at the site around midnight last night and torched three tractors, an excavator and a motorcycle of the contractor engaged for construction of a road between Guma and Khambesu villages, they said.
The rebels escaped into the nearby forest soon after the attack, they said.
The ultras left a poster at the spot with a warning and asked the contractor to stop the road construction work, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir