Maoists set ablaze vehicles in Odisha
Rayagada: In a swift attack, armed Maoists set afire several equipments and vehicles at a road construction site in Odisha`s Rayagada district, police said on Thursday.
However, there was no casualty in the incident.
A group of ultras struck at the site around midnight last night and torched three tractors, an excavator and a motorcycle of the contractor engaged for construction of a road between Guma and Khambesu villages, they said.
The rebels escaped into the nearby forest soon after the attack, they said.
The ultras left a poster at the spot with a warning and asked the contractor to stop the road construction work, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read