Maoists set afire construction equipment in Odisha
Malkangiri (Odisha): Maoists have burnt a heavy machine used for construction work and damaged materials in Odisha`s Malkangiri district, police said.
Over 50 slogan-shouting armed Maoists raided a construction site near MTV-22 under Kalimela police station last night where work was in progress for culvert over a nullah and searched for the contractor.
As panic stricken labourers and workers ran away, the ultras set afire a heavy equipment and threw others materials including cement and iron rods, Malkangiri superintendent of police Akhilesh Singh said.
However, no one was harmed by the ultras during the attack, he said.
The attack came a day after the Maoists had killed a village head Pandu Madkami by silting his throat at Parsanpalli under Padia police station on Friday night.
The incident was viewed by security forces as an attempt for show of supremacy by the newly formed Andhra-Chhatishgarh Border (ACB) division of Maoists.
Earlier, it was known as Andhra-Orissa-Boarder (AOB) division and with Sabyasachi Panda commanding influence.
However, with reported diminishing influence of Sabyasachi Panda, Chhatishgarh and Andhra Pradesh cadres have since become powerful and bent on isolating Odisha rebels, sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents