Maoists slit the throat of village-head in Odisha
Malkangiri (Odisha): Maoists have killed a village-head by slitting his throat for not heeding to their diktats in Odisha`s Malkangiri district, police said on Saturday.
Over 50 armed rebels lifted Pandu Madkami (50) of Parsanpalli under Padia police station when he was sleeping in his house late last night and slit his throat at a nearby place, they said.
Madkami, also a petty contractor, and a few other villagers had been summoned by the Maoists to appear before their "Kangaroo Court" on October 17 and let off the next day with warning, police said.
The Maoists suspected him to be acting as a police informer and asked him to refrain from it. They had also asked him to quit contracting.
"We have information about the killing by Maoists. The police have gone to the spot for investigation", Superintendent of Police, Malkangiri, Akhilesh Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh