Maoists slit the throat of village-head in Odisha
Malkangiri (Odisha): Maoists have killed a village-head by slitting his throat for not heeding to their diktats in Odisha`s Malkangiri district, police said on Saturday.
Over 50 armed rebels lifted Pandu Madkami (50) of Parsanpalli under Padia police station when he was sleeping in his house late last night and slit his throat at a nearby place, they said.
Madkami, also a petty contractor, and a few other villagers had been summoned by the Maoists to appear before their "Kangaroo Court" on October 17 and let off the next day with warning, police said.
The Maoists suspected him to be acting as a police informer and asked him to refrain from it. They had also asked him to quit contracting.
"We have information about the killing by Maoists. The police have gone to the spot for investigation", Superintendent of Police, Malkangiri, Akhilesh Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO