Maoists slit the throat of village-head in Odisha
Malkangiri (Odisha): Maoists have killed a village-head by slitting his throat for not heeding to their diktats in Odisha`s Malkangiri district, police said on Saturday.
Over 50 armed rebels lifted Pandu Madkami (50) of Parsanpalli under Padia police station when he was sleeping in his house late last night and slit his throat at a nearby place, they said.
Madkami, also a petty contractor, and a few other villagers had been summoned by the Maoists to appear before their "Kangaroo Court" on October 17 and let off the next day with warning, police said.
The Maoists suspected him to be acting as a police informer and asked him to refrain from it. They had also asked him to quit contracting.
"We have information about the killing by Maoists. The police have gone to the spot for investigation", Superintendent of Police, Malkangiri, Akhilesh Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical