Maoists slit the throat of village-head in Odisha
Malkangiri (Odisha): Maoists have killed a village-head by slitting his throat for not heeding to their diktats in Odisha`s Malkangiri district, police said on Saturday.
Over 50 armed rebels lifted Pandu Madkami (50) of Parsanpalli under Padia police station when he was sleeping in his house late last night and slit his throat at a nearby place, they said.
Madkami, also a petty contractor, and a few other villagers had been summoned by the Maoists to appear before their "Kangaroo Court" on October 17 and let off the next day with warning, police said.
The Maoists suspected him to be acting as a police informer and asked him to refrain from it. They had also asked him to quit contracting.
"We have information about the killing by Maoists. The police have gone to the spot for investigation", Superintendent of Police, Malkangiri, Akhilesh Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step